top of page
Thu, Dec 02|
Community and Clinical Solutions to Lead Virtual Webinars | Medical College of Wisconsin
Join the Medical College of Wisconsin for a two-part virtual webinar series that explores the complexities Milwaukee faces regarding lead exposure, testing, abatement, possible solutions and the impact of COVID-19.
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2021, 12:00 PM
About the Event
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Session 1: “Community Responses and Solutions to Lead” Thursday, December 2, 2021 | 12 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
The first session will explore the issues of lead within the community with information and personal experiences shared by physicians, lead experts and families affected by the issue.
Attendees will walk through the history of lead in Milwaukee, current data, common sources of lead, the impact of COVID-19 on this issue and strategies for improvement.
- Heather Paradis, MD, MPH, Deputy Commissioner of Medical Services & Chief Medical Officer, Milwaukee Health Dept and Pediatric Specialist, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin;
- Shyquetta McElroy, parent advocate, Coalition on Lead Emergency (COLE);
- Richard Diaz, Chair, Coalition on Lead Emergency (COLE);
- Ofelia R. Mondragon, B.A. Residential Services Project Manager, Social Development Commission;
- Brian Weaver, MPH, Lead Policy Advisor; WI Division of Public Health;
- Tyler Weber, Deputy Commissioner of Environmental Health, Milwaukee Health Dept; Langston Verdin, MPH, Health Strategy Director - Policy, Innovation, and Engagement, Milwaukee Health Dept;
- Paul Williams, Communications Coordinator, Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee;
- David Nelson, PhD, MS, Associate Professor, Dept of Family & Community Medicine; Faculty, Office of Community Engagement, MCW
Event Info: Events
bottom of page